top of page

S'mores & Meeples Postponed Until 2021

Hello Friends,

Many of you might have already received the below notice regarding camp this year. I just wanted to repost for those of you who have not.

Important Announcement Regarding S'mores & Meeples 2020!

S’mores & Meeples is an event driven off of the generosity of many and it has been a very challenging time for our local and much loved game stores, publishers, designers, and community members. In the industry and personally, the threat of COVID19 and the procedures in place to keep everyone safe have made it near impossible to keep planning on track for our camp weekend. While our event is months away, we have already missed out on much of the foundational planning and communication with businesses that support us. Many have been forced to close or are working on drastically reduced resources. We simply cannot find it in our hearts to ask any of our contributors to provide for us when they are doing their best to keep themselves and their families fed, sheltered, and safe.

This is an extremely difficult decision to make, but with many other conventions and events taking similar stances, Jason and I have determined it is likely best to postpone our event this year. I have been watching, and wishing, and hoping that things would look up for us come the fall. However, I fear that we are simply not able to put on an event that meets our standards and what you, our friends, have come to expect even if things are on the upswing.

While being cautiously optimistic, we do want to offer a possible solution to those who have been looking forward to seeing friends and having fun. Jason and I will be keeping our reservation at the KOA. We will keep the rental hall available. We encourage you to keep your reservations (stressing importance on making the best choice for you and your family) and enjoy the weekend with your friends and families. Event badges will be refunded in full and there will be no events, meals, demos, swag and the like provided. An informal gathering of sorts. If the time comes and a decision has to be made to completely cancel our weekend we will send further notification of that. KOA has a separate cancellation policy that will need to be adhered to now that they have been given the OK to resume normal activities. Your site type will determine the length of time needed to cancel. Please refer to your reservation with them for this information. We will take extra precautions with sanitization and distancing and require that everyone follow any CDC/state guidelines established at that time.

I know most of you were probably expecting to hear from us at some point and I shouldn’t be so hard on myself. I truly do look forward to putting S’mores & Meeples together and love that we have grown into what we are today. Our top priority is and will always be the safety of our campers. We hope you are all safe and well and we send our heartfelt wishes to everyone dealing with the impact of COVID19.

We will not stop rolling dice, pushing pawns, taking tricks, or flipping tables (wink*)! We are already looking forward to a grand 2021.

Please email any questions or concerns to or Contact Us through the site.


Megan & Jason

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
bottom of page